Deep Learning Engineer
Nexar is building the first over-the-top vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) network on the planet, to predict and prevent accidents. We use AI, machine vision, sensor fusion, real-time networking and quite a few other buzzwords to create a new, delightful, and really safe, driving experience, powered by your smartphone, with the potential of saving the 1,300,000 people who die on the road every year.
On the way, we capture and understand driving the world’s roads probably better than anyone else, with drivers from dozens of countries using Nexar for their commute or as part of their job. Since launching last fall, we have grown to the point where we’re over 20X larger than Google’s self-driving fleet, and we’re just getting started.
That’s where you get into the picture. We are looking for some really smart, really passionate, and really mission-driven people to bring into our growing team, and help us meet the scale and opportunity in front of us. You'll have the great opportunity to work on novel and challenging problems with industry leaders in the fields of Automotive, Deep Learning and Computer Vision.
- MSc/PhD degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field with focus on AI/ML.
- Deep understanding of statistical modelling and strong background in machine learning and deep learning.
- Programming skills in C++ and in a scripting language such as Python.
- Experience in building systems and rapid prototyping based on ML/DL methods.
- Experience in working with popular deep learning frameworks such as Caffe, Theano, Torch, TensorFlow.
- Knowledge of application areas, such as computer vision or sensor processing, is a plus.
- Experience designing, developing and bringing to production efficient algorithms. You are not the kind of person who likes to throw things “over the wall”.